Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vector Love

I've been so frustrated with my drawing/painting skills. Lately I felt a lot of regret... Regret for steering away from art-related courses in college because I wanted to prove to myself & to other people that I can do plenty of cooler things other than being artsy. I should have continued enhancing my skills & balanced life as an engineering student & an art freak. Now I feel like though people still think I'm creative, I have no progress.

One day, I visited some art-related blogs out of boredom. Their works inspired me to paint again & try other stuff, hoping that maybe I have enough talent to at least make a decent artwork. So I started painting & vector art.

Painting is so much hard work. You not only have to have the talent, but you also need to have a lot of practice. And practice I have zero. So I opened my bestfriend Photoshop & started making shapes. Then I applied effects & after a few hours (tentenen) I made an awesome piece of digital artwork. I was amazed to see how nice to came out, I was expecting it'll look stupid or funny. So from one, I made another one & then another one... The last two I made sure the canvasses were big enough for printing.

Here are the vector artworks I've done so far.


We Wish For Stillness
Jan. 7, 2011






The last one I did for boyfriend. <3 I still need more practice, I know, but I'm happy because this is such a great start. Hope I can gather enough creative juice to create more artworks. I'm planning to get these printed & framed so I can hang them on my bedroom wall.